Sunday, May 23, 2010

this is creative colouring

last friday night I went to a local theatre troup's performance of Othello with a couple of my friends. Yes, a group of highschool kids going to see Shakespeare. It was a wonderful show, with real feeling tradegy and dotted notes of comedy. It was great.
But I digress.
During intermission I was chatting it up with my group and I noticed, on the feet of a woman walking by, the most interesting shoes!
they are colour blocked, yes, but the colours don't match on either shoe. This could easily stray to garish, but these shoes do it in subtle, well balanced colour choices that allow for the shoes to be a statement piece--in the best possible way.
poor photo quality, my apologies, as i was in a crowded theatre.
it's funny; as I photographed the shoes, the woman, gracious and polite, said that being told her shoes were wonderful by a blogger was quite the compliment! she turned and joked to her friend, "and you thought they were ugly!"



No comments:

Post a Comment